There are spaces between hopelessness, tiny slivers of inspiration that do not claim to be anything other than life. It is in these places that something amazing happens, like a lightening of being, or some nonsense like that.
What I really mean to say is that two days ago the hibiscus blossoms were brighter than I have ever seen them. It made me want to cry just to see them dotting the hedges along the dirt road, the road I walked along in peace for the first time in a while. The things you learn when you stop trying to learn! You realize that the earth is spinning when you spend a day watching the sun cross the sky. Sometimes it feels like I have been tossed up in the air and I am just waiting to come down again...but I have to admit, the view is pretty spectacular from up here. I have nothing real to say at this moment, just something deep inside that feels like a jello-sculpture of calm. Green lime jello on a hot day. I am pretty sure you all know what I mean, so I will leave it at that.
But I have to say, the hibiscus was so brilliant on that day, right when I least expected it.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment